The history of Echterhage Holding
Local roots with a global reach
- HBE celebrates its 40th anniversary.
- At the end of March, Echterhage Holding and the companies VSE, HBE, DST, and Beinlich simultaneously underwent a comprehensive auditing process (multisite certification) conducted by TÜV in the areas of quality, energy, environment, and occupational safety. All companies meet the stringent requirements of international standards and are now certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 (quality management), DIN ISO 45001:2018 (occupational health and safety), DIN EN ISO 50001 (energy management), and DIN EN ISO 14001:2015 (environmental management).
- e.fluid Italy is founded as new subsidiary. The company provides sales and technical support for the products of the Echterhage Group on the Italian market.
- The Chinese subsidiary of the e.holding corporate group, formerly known as HBE Fluid Equipment Co., Ltd., has rebranded and will now operate as E Fluid Technology Co., Ltd. E Fluid Technology not only provides sales and application consulting to its customers but also offers personalized technical support for installation, repair, and maintenance.
- Echterhage Holding adds another restaurant to its portfolio: the IKARUS restaurant at the Neuenrade-Küntrop Airport, where guests are offered an à la carte taste of the Mediterranean.
- ECO.PLAN celebrates its 25th anniversary. All ECO.PLAN employees are invited to Dresden for a weekend.
- Sebastian Janik is appointed as Managing Director of DST. Together with Jürgen Echterhage, Sebastian Janik will now be responsible for the management of the company specializing in permanent magnetic couplings and systems.
- DST takes over the business operations of neighbouring company Weinert GmbH. After 20 years of successful business relations, the production facilities and employees of Weinert CNC processing are integrated into DST.
- To safeguard company succession as early as possible, Sebastian Janik is appointed to the Board of Directors of the e.holding.
- In the autumn, DST celebrates its 25th anniversary with guests from far and wide in the new Holding vehicle hall.
- A new home for plakart. The advertising agency moves to new premises at the city park.
- The joint venture of UK Flow and Hydrotechnik UK gives birth to UK Flowtechnik Ltd.
- With the founding of HBE China, the company expands its activities in the Asian market. An office in Shanghai and one in Guangzhou ensure on-site services for customers.
- SucoVSE France moves from Créteil to newly built premises in Le Mans.
- VSE celebrates its 25th anniversary with 700 guests in an October celebration in the Balve Cave.
- Inauguration of the new Quartier am Stadtgarten with residential areas and shopping facilities in the heart of Neuenrade. ECO.PLAN is responsible for the planning and construction management.
- The opening of the city park marks a gastronomical addition to the city of Neuenrade: the stylish Karl Café and Restaurant in a listed building invites guests to tarry a while and enjoy the cuisine.
- According to the IHK, VSE and DST are one of 105 global market leaders in South Westphalia.
- Another HBE field office takes over sales activities covering the eastern and northern federal states from Berlin.
- The city of Cologne becomes home to another HBE sales office in Germany.
- Detlef Lengelsen takes over management at HBE.
- In the centre of Neuenrade, Ruth und Jürgen Echterhage acquire the former abandoned Vaterland complex. The production premises are demolished and the listed administrative building is restored. A new building project is also planned. The entire complex is converted into “Quartier am Stadtgarten”, a central residential, care and shopping location that literally translates as “Quarters by the city park”.
- Ruth and Jürgen Echterhage are honoured with the “South Westphalia Manager of the year 2009” award by Wirtschaftsforum Südwestfalen e.V. and the regional entrepreneur magazine “Südwestfalen Manager”. The jury, comprising representatives from the IHK, university and employee groups among others, pays tribute to the remarkable economic achievement as well as the high level of social competence and commitment to education shown by the entrepreneur couple.
- HBE celebrates its 25th anniversary.
- With “Mühlendorf” in Neuenrade, ECO.PLAN and the e.holding inaugurate a service-supported residential project that sets new design and architectural standards in the region. The barrier-free senior residential complex has 27 apartments with services as a plus.
- The new administrative and production building of Echterhage Holding is officially inaugurated with a Family & Friends Day.
- The business shares of the company Beinlich Pumpen in Gevelsberg are 100% transferred to the Holding group of companies.
- Hönnestraße 45 in Neuenrade becomes the home for a new administrative and production building that will accommodate companies DST, plakart, ECO.PLAN, Echterhage Holding and VSE.
- IC Flow Controls, Inc. moves their headquarters to Bloomington Normal in Chicago, Illinois. The company's new building comprises state-of-the-art offices and extensive storage and service facilities.
- The newly founded company UK Flow takes over sales activities in the UK, operating from Liverpool.
- The general contracting company ECO.PLAN and Höne Immobilien are merged. Manfred Höne becomes a new partner
- In Rossford, Ohio, the company IC Flow is acquired. The group of companies thus strengthens its activities on the American market.
- The company Oleotec in Varese, Italy, is acquired. Echterhage Holding thereby acquires another production and sales location in Europe.
- Ruth Orthaus-Echterhage joins advertising agency plakart as a partner. At the same time, the agency becomes a full service provider, offering “Advertising. Communication. Marketing”.
- In Hattingen, the company DST is acquired.
- ECO.PLAN opens a new branch in in Dresden.
- Ruth Orthaus-Echterhage and Jürgen Echterhage set up the general contracting company ECO.PLAN.
- Together with Axel Vedder, Jürgen Echterhage sets up the company VSE. The company develops and produces volume sensors and evaluation electronics.
- Jürgen Echterhage acquires a steel oil tank company with two employees, a company known today as HBE. The product range includes oil tanks and hydraulic components.